Full Stack Developer
Position title: Full Stack Developer
Location: Calgary or Remote Canada
Salary range: Competitive salary plus benefits, incentives, and options
Position type: Full-time & permanent
Schedule: Flexible, with expected availability during regular office hours unless calendar blocked off
Reporting: Reports to CTO
Are you ready to make a difference? At Highwood, our mission is to collaborate, innovate, and educate our way to a world with effective and affordable emissions management solutions. We believe that working alongside proactive energy companies to understand and lower carbon emissions is key to achieving meaningful and permanent change.
Our team works on the cutting edge of decarbonizing the world’s energy systems. Launched in September 2020, we are a new and dynamic company with massive potential. We pride ourselves on having a strong culture of respect, fun, continuous learning, and hard work. Working at Highwood is not easy – but it can be incredibly rewarding. Join us as we endeavour to overcome some of the world’s biggest challenges and help mitigate the impacts of climate change.
Highwood Emissions Management (Highwood) is an equal opportunity employer working to enable diversity in the workforce. We welcome all applicants regardless of race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. We also value diversity of worldview, experience, and perspective.
Our team of software developers, data scientists, and engineers work together to create these advanced solutions, providing holistic GHG emissions management and supporting global decarbonization efforts. We are systems thinkers who adapt to change, entertain the impossible, and foster enduring relationships with our clients and collaborators.
We are seeking passionate, kind, and smart individuals to join our team. At Highwood, we value diversity and inclusion, and we believe that everyone’s unique stories and perspectives enrich our community. If you’re ready to make a significant impact on the world, join us in our mission to collaborate, innovate, and educate our way to a world with effective and affordable emissions management solutions.
Together, we can navigate the complexities of emissions data, contribute to the global fight against climate change, and create things that couldn’t previously be imagined. If you’re excited about working with TypeScript, Next.js, containers, AWS cloud services, and generative AI, Highwood Emissions Management is the place for you.
What is Expected
Highwood Emissions Management Inc. is seeking an Intermediate or Senior Full Stack Developer to join our dynamic and motivated development team. This is an opportunity to be a leader, innovator, and generalist in a company that is at the forefront of the fight against climate change.
As a Full Stack Developer, you will manage the entire stack for development systems, test systems, and the production system. You will provide support to UX developers, mentor team members, and work towards building the best development team in the world. You will collaborate with other developers to implement engineering calculations and work closely with the product team to define requirements and stories. Your role will also involve providing technical guidance for the product.
This position can be based in our Calgary office or remote within Canada. We have a small but highly motivated development team of less than five members, and we are looking forward to welcoming a new member who will contribute to our mission and goals.
- Manage the entire stack for development, test, and production systems
- Support UX developers and mentor team members
- Collaborate with other developers to implement engineering calculations
- Work with the product team to define requirements and stories
- Provide technical guidance for the product
- 3+ years supporting a web production environment
- Passionate about climate change and building worldclass software
- Experience working on a development team, preferably you have been a mentor
Nice-to-Have Skills / Requirements:
- Docker / AWS Container Services (ECS)
- Github Actions
- Diploma or Degree. Doesn’t need to be in computer science provided the experience is there.
While these skills are considered nice-to-haves, we are primarily looking for the right person rather than a specific set of skills. If you are a leader, innovator, and generalist who is passionate about fighting climate change and revolutionizing the emissions management industry, we would love to hear from you. Join us in our mission to collaborate, innovate, and educate our way to a world with effective and affordable emissions management solutions.
At Highwood, we are committed to the physical and mental health of our employees and of their families. Here are some of the reasons why our employees love it here:
- Our benefits package is among the best. Each year it includes $1,500 in dental coverage and more for prescription drugs, vision, massage, physiotherapy, psychotherapy, and much more.
- Our benefits package includes your spouse and all children.
- We offer $5,000/year to help cover non-essential educational pursuits of your choice.
- We have an Employee Stock Ownership Plan (ESOP) – and you don’t need to pay to be a partial owner of Highwood – and share in the success we achieve.
- We encourage employees to take breaks – especially vacation.
- If that’s not enough – our core value is ‘People First’. Check out our Team Promise below.
- Finally, you get to work with the brightest and friendliest colleagues in the business!
Highwood’s promise to staff and contractors is to:
- Treat you with respect, fairness, and honesty.
- Give you a voice. We will encourage you to question the way we do things, and we will empower you to speak your mind.
- Understand your goals, insomuch as you are willing to share, and work to help you achieve them.
- Support your growth, promote you, and provide opportunities to expand your network and foster your professional identity.
- Appreciate, recognize, and reward your contributions and wins.
- Make time to have fun and celebrate success.
- Foster an environment that encourages you to share your concerns, no matter how small they might seem.
Your promise to Highwood is to:
- Treat others with respect, value their contributions, and lift them up, even when they fail. You never know how others might be struggling.
- Be patient with yourself. We work on unsolved challenges. We expect mistakes and see them as learning opportunities.
- Strive to continually learn and grow professionally and personally, regardless of where you started and where you might end up.
- Embrace innovation and change – there is no destination.
- Do your best – only you know what that means. Set boundaries and respect them. Take a break when you need it.
Please submit a single pdf including your Resume/CV and cover letter by email to [email protected]. The document naming convention should follow the format: LastName_FirstName_full_stack_developer.pdf
Only applicants selected for an interview will be contacted. Thank you for your interest.
To apply for this job, email your CV or resume with cover letter to email@example.com