Managing Director of Consulting
Managing Director Of Consulting – Highwood Emissions Management
Location: Calgary, Alberta
Highwood Emissions Management is a rapidly scaling technology company headquartered in Calgary which specialises in emissions management software and consulting services. Working with the energy industry, government, and innovators around the world, Highwood leverages data, analytics, and deep industry expertise to highlight and solve complex client emissions challenges. Highwood’s mission is to collaborate, innovate, and educate its way to a world with effective, high-impact, and affordable emissions management solutions at scale.
With the announcement of its recent seed stage funding round, Highwood is positioned for continued exponential growth. The company has seen significant initial demand for its emissions management software solutions and associated consulting services. Highwood has differentiated itself in a crowded marketplace by creating high-impact solutions to complex, entrenched – previously thought unsolvable – client problems.
Highwood plans to use the proceeds of the funding round to accelerate its scale-up journey by further investing in high-performing talent and the commercialization and scale-up of its revolutionary Emissions Management Toolkit SaaS software platform with a blue-chip client base.
We are seeking exceptional candidates motivated by impact with the following values:
- People first – we grow and nurture an inclusive and diverse culture of high performers.
- Thinking big – we are systems thinkers who entertain the impossible.
- Thought leadership – we work on the cutting edge and share our learnings with the world.
- Enduring relationships – we foster long-lasting partnerships with clients and collaborators.
In this role, you will lead the Highwood Emissions consulting practice, delivering exceptional value to customers, leading the growth of emissions management leadership within our company and to our customers, while being accountable for financial results and establishing the structures, processes, and tools to unlock the next phase of growth. We are seeking an exceptional person who is willing to roll up their sleeves on our scaling journey. This role requires an intuitive sense of customers, a growth mindset, strong leadership skills, the ability to thrive in ambiguity, and a willingness to take on big hairy audacious client problems.
How You Will Contribute to Our Team
- Develop, communicate, and implement the company’s vision, mission, and overall business strategy. Collaborate and align on strategy with broader leadership team, including SaaS business, product, business development, and marketing.
- Maintain and expand relationships with key clients, ensuring a consistently high level of customer satisfaction.
- Oversee the consulting group’s financial performance, including revenue generation, budgeting, forecasting, profitability, as well as team utilization.
- Identify and pursue new strategic business opportunities, partnerships, and clients.
- Streamline and optimize internal processes and systems to ensure operational efficiency and scalability. Use suitable data and analytics to make informed decisions.
- Lead, develop, and mentor a high-performance team, fostering a culture of excellence and high accountability.
- Lead the development of a robust and scalable hiring strategy ensuring we have a pipeline of top talent for the business.
- Provide strategic input on the optimal team structure, role design, and incentive structures in line with company values and strategic objectives.
- Help develop additional high-value solutions and service offerings in line with current and anticipated customer pain points.
- Where possible, productize certain consulting solutions in line with the SaaS business.
- Use data and analytics to create a culture of transparency and optimize team performance.
We Are Looking For Someone Who
- Has strong critical thinking and systems thinking skills, including the ability to make decisions in the context of conflicting, ambiguous or incomplete information.
- Has a commitment to high professional standards, including a focus on high-quality work products/deliverables that meet or exceed client expectations.
- Has strong team-building skills and focus on building a talent pipeline both internally and through external business development activities.
- Inspires team members around them and loves to provide strategic mentorship.
- Is highly agile and thrives in a fast-paced, ever-changing, and demanding environment.
- Thinks big and is creative in their client problem-solving approach.
- Has proven experience building high-performance teams and cultures.
- Has a growth mindset.
- Can thrive in a start-up environment where you do more with less.
Minimum Education and/or Experience :
- At least 10 years’ experience in technical and/or management consulting, including 5 years’ + experience leading teams.
- Proven success in the consulting industry, with a deep understanding of business strategy, client management, and financial management.
- Oil and gas industry market and network experience would be highly beneficial.
- Ideally knowledge, experience, and understanding of the emissions management space.
- MBA and/or CFA considered an asset.
- Experience spanning multiple consulting practice models would be considered an asset.
- Proven ability to identify and build out novel service offerings.
- Adept at both hunting and gathering from a BD perspective.
From the founders of the award-winning Energy Disruptors summit, ScaleBlaze exists to help scale and build world-class leadership teams for low carbon, clean-tech, and e-mobility companies. We find exceptional leaders for both entrepreneur-led scaling businesses and established companies pivoting into the new energy landscape. With our team in Canada, the UK, the US, and Australia, we are a motley band of corporate misfits who rejected traditional career paths to build an executive search firm with a difference. A company founded on the principles of entrepreneurship, diversity of thought, and a belief in a more sustainable energy and mobility future. For more information check out scale-blaze.com
All Inquiries Are Held In The Strictest Of Confidence
For suggestions, nominations, and information in the strictest of confidence, please contact Graeme Edge at [email protected]
Highwood’s promise to staff and contractors is to:
- Treat you with respect, fairness, and honesty.
- Give you a voice. We will encourage you to question the way we do things, and we will empower you to speak your mind.
- Understand your goals, insomuch as you are willing to share, and work to help you achieve them.
- Support your growth, promote you, and provide opportunities to expand your network and foster your professional identity.
- Appreciate, recognize, and reward your contributions and wins.
- Make time to have fun and celebrate success.
- Foster an environment that encourages you to share your concerns, no matter how small they might seem.
Your promise to Highwood is to:
- Treat others with respect, value their contributions, and lift them up, even when they fail. You never know how others might be struggling.
- Be patient with yourself. We work on unsolved challenges. We expect mistakes and see them as learning opportunities.
- Strive to continually learn and grow professionally and personally, regardless of where you started and where you might end up.
- Embrace innovation and change – there is no destination.
- Do your best – only you know what that means. Set boundaries and respect them. Take a break when you need it.
To apply for this job, email your CV or resume with cover letter to email@example.com