Senior Consultant, Fugitive Emissions
Position title: Senior Consultant, Fugitive Emissions
Location: Calgary office, Houston office, or remote
Salary range: Competitive salary plus benefits, incentives, and options
Position type: Full-time & permanent
Schedule: Flexible, with expected availability during regular office hours unless calendar blocked off
Reporting: Report to VP Consulting.
Our mission is to collaborate, innovate, and educate our way to a world with effective and affordable emissions management solutions. We believe that working alongside proactive energy companies to understand and lower carbon emissions is key to achieving meaningful and permanent change.
Our team works on the cutting edge of decarbonizing the world’s energy systems. Launched in September 2020, we are a new and dynamic company with massive potential. We pride ourselves on having a strong culture of respect, fun, continuous learning, and hard work. Working at Highwood is not easy – but it can be incredibly rewarding. Join us as we endeavor to overcome some of the world’s biggest challenges and help mitigate the impacts of climate change. Highwood Emissions Management (Highwood) is an equal opportunity employer working to enable diversity in the workforce. We welcome all applicants regardless of race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. We also value diversity of worldview, experience, and perspective.
Reducing GHG emissions from the oil and natural gas industry is one of the single greatest short-term impacts that we can make towards decarbonizing our economy. Incentivizing the production, transportation, and end use of low-carbon energy is critical. Highwood is looking to expand its team and is currently seeking to fill the role of Senior Consultant, Fugitive Emissions within Highwood’s Consulting Division. As a Senior Consultant, you’ll be responsible for managing complex projects and setting direction. The ideal candidate will be comfortable in a fast-paced work environment, have strong leadership and organizational skills, and be able to think creatively as we work on the cutting edge of unfamiliar methane detection and quantification technology deployment challenges.
Projects will center on working with Highwood’s diverse clients across the natural gas supply chain to understand, evaluate, and deploy novel methane monitoring technologies. The Senior Consultant will lead projects to help clients understand and select technology deployment strategies, forecast fugitive methane emissions, and advise on how technologies enable carbon accounting and gas certification.
The ideal candidate is a proven professional with experience in the O&G industry and experience in consulting. Ideally you have familiarity with methane detection and quantification technologies, and leak detection and repair (LDAR) simulation, but we recognize that this is a new field and that few candidates will have this experience. You are highly motivated with a strong capacity to learn quickly and work on the cutting edge of new challenges. The work will benefit from skills in leadership, strong interpersonal skills, data management, technical communication, and effective management of client deliverables. Reporting to Highwood’s Vice President of Consulting, here’s what you’ll accomplish in your first 180 days of work:
- Become an expert in North American fugitive emissions regulations and the rapidly growing sector of alternative fugitive emissions detection technologies.
- Contribute to regulatory submissions of alternative methane detection technologies.
- Guide O&G clients towards cost effective LDAR programs that decrease overall emissions and meet multiple competing compliance obligations.
- Understand and communicate how LDAR-Sim is used and modeling results.
- Contribute to LDAR-Sim through structured feedback to the development team.
- Mentor junior staff and direct their contributions to managed projects
- Liaise with clients to determine/meet their needs, and build/maintain strong relationships.
- Support Highwood’s other consulting projects and emissions management software team
- Project management duties such as cost tracking, invoicing, and planning
- Write high quality technical reports
- Participate in planning and strategizing for Highwood, as required.
At Highwood, we are committed to the physical and mental health of our employees and of their families. Here are some of the reasons why our employees love it here:
- Our benefits package is among the best. Each year it includes $1,500 in dental coverage and more for prescription drugs, vision, massage, physiotherapy, psychotherapy, and much more.
- Our benefits package includes your spouse and all children.
- We offer $5,000/year to help cover non-essential educational pursuits of your choice.
- We have an Employee Stock Ownership Plan (ESOP) – and you don’t need to pay to be a partial owner of Highwood – and share in the success we achieve.
- We encourage employees to take breaks – especially vacation.
- If that’s not enough – our core value is ‘People First’. Check out our Team Promise below.
- Finally, you get to work with the brightest and friendliest colleagues in the business!
Here are some of the things we’re looking for. Note that we don’t expect you to have all of these qualifications, experiences, and/or skills. We often choose to train someone with the right attitude over hiring the wrong person with the right skills.
- 5-10+ years of relevant experience, including O&G, consulting, and leadership experience
- Experience designing, implementing, and delivering on diverse projects for clients
- Familiarity/expertise with methane monitoring technologies and LDAR simulation
- Experience analyzing complex datasets and interpreting results
- Experience in summarizing technical information and compiling reports
- Strong oral and written communications skills
- Creative and entrepreneurial mindset, help to develop and grow in a new market
- Strong leadership skills
- Collaborative and professional team player with a positive attitude
- Independent, self-motivated, and willing to take initiative
- Excellent attention to detail
- Ability to manage time and projects effectively with competing priorities
Highwood’s promise to staff and contractors is to:
- Treat you with respect, fairness, and honesty.
- Give you a voice. We will encourage you to question the way we do things, and we will empower you to speak your mind.
- Understand your goals, insomuch as you are willing to share, and work to help you achieve them.
- Support your growth, promote you, and provide opportunities to expand your network and foster your professional identity.
- Appreciate, recognize, and reward your contributions and wins.
- Make time to have fun and celebrate success.
- Foster an environment that encourages you to share your concerns, no matter how small they might seem.
Your promise to Highwood is to:
- Treat others with respect, value their contributions, and lift them up, even when they fail. You never know how others might be struggling.
- Be patient with yourself. We work on unsolved challenges. We expect mistakes and see them as learning opportunities.
- Strive to continually learn and grow professionally and personally, regardless of where you started and where you might end up.
- Embrace innovation and change – there is no destination.
- Do your best – only you know what that means. Set boundaries and respect them. Take a break when you need it.
Please submit a single pdf including your Resume/CV and cover letter by email to [email protected]. The document naming convention should follow the format: LastName_FirstName_Senior_Consultant_Fugitives.pdf
Only applicants selected for an interview will be contacted. Thank you for your interest.
To apply for this job, email your CV or resume with cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org