How can proactive oil and gas companies take credit for reducing their greenhouse gas emissions? Highwood’s 2022 Voluntary Initiatives Report evaluates 24 certifications, commitments, and guidelines, providing the guidance you need to navigate emerging opportunities in differentiated energy commodity markets.
Key Findings for 2022
- Participation is growing rapidly, especially for independent certifications, with trillions of cubic feet certified.
- Focus has shifted from the production sector to the rest of the oil and gas supply chain.
- Protocols that rely on direct measurement instead of industry averages are on the rise.
- New LNG sector initiatives to prove low-carbon cargoes are likely to lead to better upstream and midstream performance.
- Newer initiatives are developing guidance for specific industries and segments.
- Initiatives are beginning to understand and articulate their relationship to other initiatives.
Download the report below and connect with Highwood for more information on how to take advantage of these initiatives.