The Veritas Initiative is an open-source methodology designed to help industry leverage site-level methane measurement data to quantify total methane emissions over a group of sites.
Led by GTI Energy, and built in collaboration with Highwood, SLR, and 35+ industry sponsors from across the supply chain, Veritas is the most rigorous and detailed methodology for reconciling top-down measurements with bottom-up inventories.
Highwood’s Veritas Initiative services include
- Determining whether to participate in Veritas
- Streamlining Veritas with other requirements (regulatory, OGMP 2.0, MiQ, etc.)
- Designing a plan for how to implement Veritas
- Technology selection and sampling design support
- Establishing expected emissions distributions
- Building out emissions inventories and tracking “best calculated” sources
- Performing cause analysis
- Managing data and performing reconciliation
- Report writing