Our third full year in business was our best yet. Here’s a recap of all that we accomplished – and a glimpse into what we have planned for 2024.
• Closed a USD 3.25m SEED round to build and scale a newly announced enterprise SaaS solution. The round was led by Energy Capital Ventures and supported by Veritec Ventures and Overview. Read the press release here.
• Supported numerous leading companies through OGMP 2.0 evaluation, planning, and implementation, including reconciliation and achieving the Gold Standard. Learn more about our OGMP 2.0 services suite here.
• Developed cost-optimized emissions reduction roadmaps using our proprietary Reduction Pathways software for companies and assets around the world, including modeling of environmental liabilities to support due diligence activities.
• Combined diverse methane and inventory data (source-level, site-level, public) to build measurement-informed inventories using Veritas and other reconciliation approaches for better baselines and targets.
• Supported a range of clients in modeling and commenting on proposed US EPA and PHMSA rules.
• Collaborated with regulators and vendors in multiple jurisdictions (both in Canada and the US) to enable the use novel methane monitoring technologies within regulations.
Contributions in Education and Innovation
• Published countless articles and a wealth of insight in our Highwood Bulletin – all free, no-strings-attached value brought to the public through our mission to Educate, Collaborate, and Innovate to a world with effective and affordable emissions management solutions.
• Contributed technical subject matter expertise to the release of GTI Energy’s Veritas Version 2 on December 18th and led a technical working group to determine feasibility of a new pathway in Veritas with OGMP 2.0. The first version of the source-based Veritas protocol is expected to be released in Q1 2024.
• Published our annual Voluntary Initiatives Report – the best one yet.
• Participated in and presented novel peer-reviewed research at a variety of conferences. Notable contributions include our analysis combining LDAR simulations with roadmapping optimization, presented at World Petroleum Congress and participation in a new Nature Energy paper on differentiated gas.
What does 2024 have in store for Highwood?
We don’t like to spoil surprises, but 2024 is going to be even more exciting, including:
• We are more focused than ever on the global O&G industry. This is where we can add the most value based on our track record and expertise. The world needs sustainable and affordable energy – and we’re committing ourselves to help with our blend of consulting and software.
• Our new SaaS development partnership is underway, which will automate and clarify the building of credible, transparent, and defensible measurement-informed inventories.